- We agreed to change the Mission Statement to that found on our Website.
"To promote and further equality through activism and awareness with a focus on LGBT issues."
Student Organizations Fair and the International Day of Peace
- We will cosponsor the International Day of Peace with the Center for Nonviolence and Peace Studies
- We got volunteers to work at the booths
Portia > 10-11 Suzanna > 1-2 Brian > 12:15-2 Shannon > 10-12
- Need to make Fliers for publicity (Suzanna & Brian)
- We agreed to have an open office policy. Any fulltime member can request a key to use the office.
Bipartisan Political Bootcamp
- Free bipartisan event to empower students
- We will Cosponsor the Event and attend
Decide which events we want to do this year
- World AIDS Day (December 1)
- We need to find who else hosts this event and team up
- Ally Week (October 17-21)
- We want to embrace and thank our Allies
- Maybe have pins, stickers, or maybe a small party?
- National Coming Out Day (October 11)
- We will do this!
- The GLBT Center will be having an event and we can cohost
- Set up a door on the Quad with people free to decorate and walk through it
- Have fliers and Information/Statistics about Coming out
- Trans Vigil of Remembrance
- We will cosponsor with the GLBT Center with the event being a quiet vigil
Agenda for next meeting
We will be discussing the National Coming Out Day Activities
Make Fliers for National Coming Out Day
Get the Door and stuff (with a grant?)
Talk to SPO about getting on the Events Calendar
Finalize our Meeting Time Change to Thursdays at 5pm (two meetings in the next week?)
Register people for Of/By/For RI Bipartisan Political Bootcamp
Executive Board Positions